We’re here to help students recover lost credit. Here are a few ways Independence High can help make-up lost credit.
- Packets – Received through our Home Study Program.
- Provo eSchool – Students can complete classwork online by communicating with a teacher through email. Talk with your counselor at IHS to be signed-up.
- Summer School – This summer we will be offering summer school through packet factory and classes from 8:30 – 3:00 Monday – Thursday all of June.
Home Study Hours During School (Sept-May)
- Monday- Thursdays 3-5 pm
- Testing 3:00 – 5:00 pm – NO TEST WILL BE GIVEN AFTER 5:00 PM
- Test Sign up – email email@example.com or call 801-374-4920
- Registration – $25 (Non Refundable)
- 1 Packet of .25 Credit – $15
- You can extend your packet for 30 days for an additional $5.
- After 2 extensions the packet will expire and have to be repurchased.
- Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard and Discover only
Senior Packet Deadlines
- April 13th– Last day to pick up packets
- May 4th– Last day to turn in and test on packets
- May 11th, 15th and 16th Retakes by appointment only
All Packets must be completed within 60 days. No more than 2 packets issued at one time. Fees must be paid before receiving work. Students earning more than 2.0 credits (8 packets) of Home Study may only be eligible for a District Diploma.
Students must meet with their school counselor for a packet referral. Packets are only available for classes that have been failed, not for original credit or to get ahead.